Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Friend Dies Yesterday


Good Sunday Morning,

Death came calling yesterday for our friend Linda. She was a human with 56 years on this earth. I met her about 24 years ago when she was a bass guitar player in a little local band called 'Born Blond' - a group I booked into my night club. She took a liking to my pal Bill who I have known for 43 years now and soon they became an inseparable couple. They lived together for many years and finally married soon after Weng and I got married. I was Bill's best man. Linda and I were not the best or closest of friends but I knew and respected her and her beliefs. More importantly - she took really, really good care of Bill and her love for him was beautiful. For Bill it was all Linda all the time. They fit.
It was Linda that gave me the image of John Lennons childhood door and that has always meant a lot to me. Linda was opinionated in a good way, had good taste and looked 'normal' but she had rock and roll in her heart and that was our unspoken common ground. She loved children and was a high school teacher and a damn good one. She left a light footprint on the earth and lived in an easy grace. Well loved, insightful, a mother of one brilliant boy and one of those rare people that you are glad to know is in your life, like a melody that you love and cherish. She will be missed by all.


It was a lovely day yesterday and today is bright and clear as our tears for Linda.

Salud

1 comment:

  1. Just came back from an Aunt's memorial so know how you feel. She was older than Linda and had lived a full life, but still left this life too soon. She was a great woman who gave love to many and was loved in return so will be missed by all. We keep them alive in our memories.

    ReplyDelete