Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Road To Aticama, Current Blast Off...


Good Evening Readers,

Life is compressing madly as we approach Blast Off To Aticama.... A million zillion things yet to do and time is short! We are never sure of the exact details of 'for sure 'this long' or ' how to make this happen' or ' jee, dear looks like this amount of time now...' I have been blessed with friends who need home repair and I am now working like crazyman to make the necessary pesos to power us to the warmth and work of Aticama!! It is possible that many of you out there may think that we travel south to vacation...

well, that aint the way it is!! Between home schooling for Thomas, ('V' and Francis attend mexican public school), garden work, home repair, social commitments, tweaking the solar system, railroading in the new access road, helping the neighbors, and working the fruit orchards we are very, very busy!!.

It is interesting to live 10 feet from the ocean and have time to take a dip only once a week.....hmmm...

Not to mention friends who visit..... for 20 years I begged my pals to visit... to no avail... the stock " i cant because _______________________ (you fill in the blank)" or 'it's too dangerous" or " you are nuts" and on and on and on.. WELL, now, its "NICE!!!" or " can we stop by.....?"

You get the picture. My guitar and I will steal precious moments I assure you....

Salud

ps. the map is one I made 15 years ago.... at that time the Hotel Delfin was still in existance (for all of you 'Road To Aticama' followers - my room was on the top floor in the foreground)....YOU CAN CLIK ON THE PHOTO TO MAKE IT LARGER

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you saved these old pics and maps. It gives a great perspective. We all have and save too much stuff but pictures and journals are important stuff. Wonder if we'll say the same about blogs in the future? Will they even last? Will the companies saving the bits and bytes for us even be there? I hope so.
    Thanks for your interesting viewpoint, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the countdown is getting close! Can't wait to see you guys!!! LOVE the old pictures!! I wish wish wish we could join you guys! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to your posts about life in Aticama. Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, the Good Old Days! Still ahead of us all!

    ReplyDelete