Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fake Virus Alert!

FAKE VIRUS ALERT!!

Hello Friends,

Thanks to a reader I found out that it is possible that a Fake Virus Alert may have been attached to my blog earlier today. While waiting for Google to re-instate my Adsense listings I have tried several other web based ad publishing companies to help supplement our income. Around noon, Pacific Time, I installed 'Clicksor'. They seem like a good company but then, around 6pm I received a comment from a reader that, as soon as he brought up my blog, a pop up ad appeared telling him that his computer was infected and that by clicking the ad the problem could be fixed. I checked it out and found out that it was a cheap scam designed to make you think that a virus/other nastiness had invaded your machine. I pulled the posting and deleted the ad code from my blog. I then notified the 'Clicksor' people about the problem and suspended my account! I feel as though we have been victims of this nonsense and I would not wish it on anyone so, if you looked at my blog between noon and 7pm on Sunday November 15th, and you get some sort of 'virus' notification please let me know and I will forward it to the people at 'Clicksor' at once! I am very, very sorry for any problems this may have caused anyone.

Salud
Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment