Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Changing Seasons

Good Morning, Morning People

It is always a mixed feeling for me as we approach the holidays. A week after Halloween the stores began selling Christmas things, setting up a strange type of tension that works below the surface of my mind. Months of anticipation that will culminate in a single day. In a couple of days we will have a national event called 'Black Friday' when a zillion frantic shoppers will go nuts for 10 or 12 hours. A single day that may make or break the mighty economy of the United States. The lead in to a time when 'want' trumps 'need'. I am not saying that it is a good thing or a bad thing but it is a strange testimony to the strange, weird and wonderful times we we find ourselves in here in 'the year of our lord, 2009'.

For me the 'bottom line' thought is this, (if I honestly ask myself and answer the question), is: "What would Jesus buy on the day after Thanksgiving?"

Salud

No comments:

Post a Comment