Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Big work Day For Me! Plus My Fountain Of Youth






Hello Again Readers,

I feel as though I have turned a corner today - I have put in a solid week of construction. Averaging around 4 to 5 hours a day. By 1pm I need to nap for an hour or so. I love that part of the day. But it seems I also spend endless 1/4 days running errands. Not bad considering it was only 6 weeks ago I could not walk 2 city blocks without crashing. Starting tomorrow I am planning to step up my work day to 8 hours. With a nap, traffic time and shopping for work my day will begin when it is dark and end when it is dark.

Now, it may seem as though I am complaining. But, I'm not! I love the project I'm working on and my kids are having fun and Weng is not angry at me right now. Life is Good.

What, you may ask, is the secret of this gushing Garden Of Eden, This Fountain Of Youth & Health? In a single word with three special meanings - MOM!

Let me explain. Reason #1 - I mean, what is more fantastic than being in love with the mother of your children?

Reason#2. - Term Of Endearment. I call Weng 'Mom' a lot, or maybe just 'Ma'. She calls me 'Pops' or 'Papa' or just 'Pa'.

Reason #3. - Malt-O-Meal. M-O-M. But not just your garden variety of Malt-O-Meal. Since I was 19 years old I have been eating Malt-O-Meal. It goes traveling when I go traveling. Normally I have serving for 4, 1/2 cup of apple sauce, 1/2 cup natural yogurt, 1/2 banana, tablespoon of honey, tablespoon of butter, a little half & half, a handful of raisins and a handful of dried cranberries and some wheat germ. About a pound and a half or so.

These three Mom's will keep you young, happy, healthy and very, very regular!


Salud

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you express your love and appreciation for your Weng. We all need to let those we love know they are appreciated - often!
    As to the malt-o-meal, I'm not into mushy foods, no matter how healthy they are. I'll find other healthy stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete