Friday, July 3, 2009

What Is Important, I Mean, Really.....?..


Tomorrow is the Fourth Of July and I try hard to balance the notion of what our nation is, vs. what it can be! Most people understand this freakish nerve wracking 'put the head in the sand (dvd/cable/net)' reality and try to convince themselves that it is all, somehow, ok. The true spirit of our concept of freedom now rests in the hands of the few - the rich, the very poor, the insane, and of course, The Vagabonds of Mankind. In the hierarchy of this latter world we find the calmness of 'Jorge, The Mr. Rogers Of The Vagabonders'. Once again I salute him and urge you take a moment daily and send your spirit south of the usa border for just 2 or 3 minutes. It will do you good.

Feeling Good and off to face the warmth of the day!
Salud

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July to you! My wonderful friends!

    Su amigo,
    Jorge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th from me, too. I have enjoyed reading both your sides of the "love story" and love your attitude. As to the country, I would agree. It's good, but could be so much better. It was founded by the upper class and is still controlled by the upper class (read $$$) and altho I have gotten a share of the material goods, it would be nice if it were a bit more evenly distributed for everyone. Even Warren Buffet agrees w/ that! Let's all keep working on that.

    ReplyDelete