Thursday, July 9, 2009

Weng, My Mail Order Bride


I know that one might find the notion of finding love via the printed word hard to understand, for most people anyway. The world we live in today is not the world of 1993 - the internet was unknown then. The post office delivered letters in days here in the USA, weeks to other countries. Almost hard to believe, isn't it?

I have been wanting to tell our story for some time and now that I have the opportunity to do so, I feel intimidated by the crush of events of daily life to find the time to tell the tale with the color, thoughtfulness and justice it deserves. I am a novice to this blog medium and I beg your indulgence as I learn and refine my methods of communicating digitally. To this end I hope to post, every Monday, an installment of this romance, how it came about, how it blossomed and where I hope it will lead. I expect that I will set my posting in the evening so keep that in mind if you find what I have to say interesting enough to follow the story. Look for Part One this coming Monday.

Salud


2 comments:

  1. I am sooooooo wanting to read this story!

    Su amigo,
    Jorge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following the Weng version, of course, (as many others have) and look forward w/ great anticipation to your version of the romance. Falling in love, finding a mate, is such a great part of the human experience. That's why we have all the books, movies, plays, etc. about it.

    ReplyDelete