Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Message To My Readers


When Jorge (of Ms Tioga fame) suggested to us at the turn of this last year that we start a blog, well, we did not know what to think! Events beyond my control gave me a little time to give the blog thing a shot and I did. As the summer moves along I find that I am getting behind on the projects here so time is getting precious. If you dont see a post or the odd photo for a day or so, well, dont worry. I really do appreciate you guys reading about our little family. I expect a lot of my future blogs will be about work around the place and the weather. So much in life is involved in having a real true adventure, however, little is spoken about the work, time, and energy that goes into making the adventure happen! I am attaching a photo of the type of classic motorhome we will set forth in on this years grand road trip. She is a 1968 Travco - 26 running feet of prime Atomic Age Styling - sleek and air-o-dynamic in a fashion that pierces the air while moving!! Kawena has named her 'The Beauty'. Vintage Detroit Dodge Drivetrain. 318 v-8. Smooth. Economical.

You know, when Weng first arrived in the USA she wanted a really big car. Not important the year and no more than $1,000 . We settled on a really nice condition 1975 Caddy. Fleetwood Brougham with gangster rear window and champagne pink paint. 500 cubic inch engine! Got 6 miles to the gallon and weighed 2.5 tons.

The beauty weighs, loaded, 8 tons, has a kitchen, bath, dining and sleeping quarters, 120v. and gets 10 miles to the gallon. WE HAVE GOTTEN SMARTER!!

Thanks for checking back in.
Salud

2 comments:

  1. No worries. Write when you can. It is more important to keep food on the table and have some family time.
    And I love your style of writing, too.
    "...26 running feet of prime Atomic Age Styling - sleek and air-o-dynamic in a fashion that pierces the air while moving!! "
    This could be a line right out of Tom Wolf story during his Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test time (ever read that? You'd like it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might want to take a tip from George and keep the politics off the blog. George has his forum for politics. He found he lost readers when he started getting on his stump on the blog. You might find the same.

    I do like reading Weng a lot. Yours is also ok but hers is quite unique.

    ReplyDelete