Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And Now, A Word From The Present

How does one catch up with the present, anyway? Today is the first real blog 'present' day entry, not talking about 'before' stuff, just stuff from waking up this Wednesday morning.

This morning was a rough one! I have been quite ill for the last month with a badly infected sinus. During the night I woke around 1am and begin coughing for 20 to 30 minutes until I am exhausted and then pass out, throat burning. Around 6, I woke up, stood up, the sinus's drained down my throat and my morning round of coughing started. This takes a lot out of a guy! A little walk around the grounds made me feel better so I popped into the kitchen where ma and the kids are sitting down to pancakes and eggs. Like magic there is a cup of coffee in my hand. Excitement is in the air as Weng and Francis and Thomas and Kawena prepare for their day trip to go strawberry picking with our dear friend Ruth. The pancake is good and I feel that today is a good day to do errands - I have not done much at all in the last two solid weeks except to lay in bed and read. I am the kind of person who needs to be doing something, working with my hands so this has been a very frustrating experience. Not to mention that I have been sleeping alone in the old camper because I am keeping Weng up, and with her taking care of the whole family, she needs her sleep!

Now, there is a silver lining to all this personal misery - I have discovered the blog thing. I like it. It is a relaxing, creative diary and mirror of the times.

Salud

No comments:

Post a Comment